Thursday, April 1, 2010

Must Be Outta my Census

So it's April Fool's Day as well as the 2010 census due date. Is your census filled out and mailed in?

On the first note, here are a few cool April Fool's things from today:

Google outdid itself this year. They changed the company name to Topeka after a city in Kansas, because Topeka informally changed its name to Google. more

Gmail dropped the vowels. Or should I type Gml drppd th vwls? more

And Google introduced a new translation application that will revolutionize life as we know it. I'm thinking about getting an android as a result. Check out the video:
video



YouTube announced that you can now watch videos in text - why bother with HD and videos clogging up your bandwidth? more

Starbucks announced it will add two new beverage sizes to its menu: Plenta™ (128 fl oz) and Micra™ (2 fl oz). more

Tina texted me that she owes me ice cream. Not sure if I'm going to believe that one is a joke or not. Free ice cream is always a plus.